The First Month: Miscellaneous “To Dos”
- Go to the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) to cancel driver’s license and transfer vehicle title.
- Notify the Registrar of Voters.
- Cancel any medication prescriptions, print subscriptions, and memberships.
- Delete online personal accounts: email, social media, business sites, etc., to avoid fraud or identity theft. Procedures for each will vary.
- Send out acknowledgements for cards, donations, etc., if you’ve decided that is something you want to do. This can also be delayed until a time that you are ready and able to tackle this project.
- Contact the Post Office with forwarding information, if necessary.
- Cancel all services no longer needed, i.e. phone, internet, cable, etc.